This week’s author interview is with Denny Burk. He is the coauthor of Transforming Homosexuality: What the Bible Says about Sexual Orientation and Change.
- Question #1 – Which writers inspire you?
The productivity and prolific output and Jim Hamilton and Tom Schreiner are a shot in the arm to me as a writer.
- Question #2 – What inspired you to write this book, about this topic?
Evangelical Christians still have many disagreements about sexual orientation and change. We were hoping to shed some biblical light on that conversation.
- Question #3 – What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
Writers write. Make writing a daily habit. I became a more prolific writer when I began writing a daily blog about a decade ago. That discipline has helped me more than almost anything else.
- Question #4 – Do you have an interesting writing quirk?
I have a hard time writing a little bit at a time. I like to write in large blocks of time.
- Question #5 – Favorite sport to watch? Why? Favorite sport’s team?
My favorite sport is college football. Since I am from Louisiana, I’m a big fan of the LSU Tigers.
- Question #6 – Favorite food?
Pizza. I have the palate of a 9-year old.
- Question #7 – Favorite flavor of ice cream?
Cookies & Cream.
- Question #8 – The Lord of the Rings or The Chronicles of Narnia? Why?
Lord of the Rings. It’s the perfect novel.
How can readers discover more about you and your work?