I have compiled a list of all the current books (and a couple of soon to be released titles) in the Gospel According to the Old Testament (GAOT) series. Sometimes it can be difficult to stay up-to-date on books in an ongoing series such as this, so this is my attempt to simplify things for you!
If you desire to find out more information about a specific title, you can click on the title and you will be directed to the GAOT segment of our website – some of these titles include sample chapters, table of contents, endorsements, and longer summaries.
1. Faith in the Face of Apostasy: The Gospel According to Elijah & Elisha
Author: Raymond B. Dillard | Release Date: July 1999 | Page Count: 184 | Price: $14.99
Summary: Explains the stories of Elijah and Elisha in the context of redemptive history.
2. Living in the Gap Between Promise and Reality: The Gospel According to Abraham
Author: Iain M. Duguid | Release Date: Aug 1999 | Page Count: 182 | Price: $14.99
Summary: Pulls the reader into the dramatic unfolding of the story of Abraham as a significant stage in the larger story of salvation.
3. Immanuel In Our Place: Seeing Christ in Israel’s Worship
Author: Tremper Longman III | Release Date: Sept 2001 | Page Count: 240 | Price: $14.99
Summary: Gives insights into the Old Testament tabernacle and temple, the priesthood, the sacrifices, and festivals. Shows how Jesus is the fulfillment of Old Testament sacred space, acts, persons, and time.
4. Living in the Grip of Relentless Grace: The Gospel in the Lives of Isaac & Jacob
Author: Iain M. Duguid | Release Date: Oct 2002 | Page Count: 176 | Price: $12.99
Summary: We see how the message of Scripture converges on Jesus. Readers can take encouragement in their shortcomings; the gospel triumphs not through human might but through God’s relentless grace.
5. Salvation Through Judgment and Mercy: The Gospel According to Jonah
Author: Bryan D. Estelle | Release Date: Aug 2005 | Page Count: 170 | Price: $12.99
Summary: Estelle presents the book of Jonah as part of the unfolding, unified story of redemption. Readers interested in how the Old Testament points toward Christ will appreciate this study.
6. Hope in the Midst of a Hostile World: The Gospel According to Daniel
Author: George M. Schwab | Release Date: April 2006 | Page Count: 210 | Price: $12.99
Summary: Demonstrates how believers living among unbelievers, and citizens of countries with increasingly hostile governments, have an opportunity to reveal God-inspired wisdom and to discover hope.
7. Crying Out for Vindication: The Gospel According to Job
Author: David R. Jackson | Release Date: May 2007 | Page Count: 254 | Price: $12.99
Summary: With gripping interpretation and excellent anecdotes, this book links Job’s experience with the gospel, showing that his hope was the same as ours today—in Jesus.
8. After God’s Own Heart: The Gospel According to David
Author: Mark J. Boda | Release Date: June 2007 | Page Count: 206 | Price: $12.99
Summary: Examines the life of David, showing how it relates to anointing, covenants, the temple, and sin. Ultimately demonstrates how David points to the Messiah to come.
9. From Famine to Fullness: The Gospel According to Ruth
Author: Dean R. Ulrich | Release Date: Sept 2007 | Page Count: 202 | Price: $12.99
Summary: Reveals the sovereign work of God through Ruth’s life. Ruth’s message is theological, rooted in God’s oversight of the movement of redemptive history that climaxes in the work of Jesus.
10. Love Divine and Unfailing: The Gospel According to Hosea
Author: Michael P. V. Barrett | Release Date: Nov 2008 | Page Count: 222 | Price: $12.99
Summary: A focus on the connection between Hosea’s marriage to Gomer and the Lord’s marriage to his people.
11. Longing for God in an Age of Discouragement: The Gospel According to Zechariah
Author: Bryan R. Gregory | Release Date: Nov 2010 | Page Count: 282 | Price: $12.99
Summary: Zechariah addresses God’s people as discouraged and in need of renewal—a situation familiar to many today. Here is a captivating vision of God and his work in the world.
12. Right in Their Own Eyes: The Gospel According to Judges
Author: George M. Schwab | Release Date: Nov 2011 | Page Count: 264 | Price: $12.99
Summary: The Book of Judges explores a time when everyone did what was right in his own eyes. Judges yearns for a Spirit-empowered leader with integrity to rule, namely Christ.
13. Living in the Light of Inextinguishable Hope: The Gospel According to Joseph
Authors: Iain M. Duguid and Matthew P. Harmon | Release Date: June 2013 | Page Count: 224 | Price: $14.99
Summary: Learn how the story of Joseph prefigures the gospel, testifying to God’s electing grace and showing how he redeems and restores broken and dysfunctional sinners to accomplish his purposes.
SOON TO BE RELEASED:
14. Recovering Eden: The Gospel According to Ecclesiastes
Author: Zack Eswine
15. From Bondage to Liberty: The Gospel According to Moses
Author: Anthony T. Selvaggio